I'm currently wondering:
- How to teach all that I know is important for the students I have this year. And, how to include my students in these decisions.
- How to make sure I spend just the right amount of time conferring.
- How to listen more and talk less.
- How to better honor student thinking. To understand without judging so all ideas are respected.
- Whether or not I'm making a difference in my students' learning. How can I know for sure?
- About the myriad ways that literacy and numeracy are connected, and can support and enrich each other.
- How to be more patient with myself and my students. Less rushed. More in the moment.
- How to be more efficient and effective with mini lessons. Conferring. Planning.
- Why I'm still pondering these same issues year after year.